We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
545 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

Greetings from wonderful Khao Lak and the marvelous Le Meridien, both of which I'll glowingly, gushingly post about after we get back in a few days. Alan, Julie and the rest, thanks once again for all of your great advice prior to our trip.

Anyway, I'm posting now to see if anyone knows anything about villa/house rentals on one of the beaches. More specifically, I'm most interested in one on Bang Sak or Pak Weep beaches, simply since that's where we're staying now and love the long, long stretches of empty sand and the relatively sparse concentrations of hotels. But I'm open to other suggestions.

Even more specifically, my wife and I would be coming back with one or two other couples (no kids), so would be seeking a two or three bedroom place and would definitely want a place right on or walking distance to the beach, would strongly prefer a place in which each couple had their own bathroom, and would also strongly prefer a place with air conditioning. Our budget is slightly flexible, but we'd prefer a maximum of 12,000 baht/night for two bedrooms and 18,000 baht/night for three. We wouldn't need the place staffed at all, beyond someone coming in daily or at least a few times a week to clean up. Swimming pool would be nice, but not essential.

Also, we'd prefer the villa be stand alone rather than part of some gated community or resort, if possible, unless folks advice otherwise. But we'd certainly be open to sharing a place within a resort.

If by some chance there are other beaches that offer such options, I'd welcome Alan's, Julie's and anyone else's sense of how they compare with Pak Weep and Bank Sak.

Having said all this, I realize this is a wish list that simply may not be possible at KL at this stage of its development. But if anyone has info to share or someone to contact in the next day or two before we take off, we'd welcome it.

Walking south along the beach from LM, I see that before reaching the cluster of resorts that include the Sarojin there are a few houses, one of which seems to have a pool. Does anyone know anything about them and whom to contact re them, particularly the one with the pool?

Thanks for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Pak Weep Beach
Pak Weep Beach
431 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
#4 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

Hi Southside,

I've searched the internet many times to find a private pool villa in Khao Lak over the past couple of years and recently found one but it's not on the beach.

If you find anything else, please let me know as I would also be interested.

http://www.siamvillas.com/villa_chan.html#

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Sarah

xx

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

See my PM. I will let you have details of a possible when I can access them.

Regards

Alan

PS

So glad you have become another Khao Lover and look forward to your reviews in due course.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

Hi can not help with the properties near to the Sarojin but have sent you a PM. It certainly is paradise i knew you would love the LM . I wish i was walking on the beach right now Lol

Julie

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
4. Re: Villa or house rentals in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 22:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak