We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong by starlight

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hong by starlight

Hi

I have been reading all your advice, thank you, and have booked a 7 night stay at the meridien in Khao Lak at the end of February.

Just in case anyone else is interested in the Hong by starlight tour and is staying in Khao lak. We have booked this tour and a transfer from Khao Lak on the 25th February, to save us all money if anyone else wants to book this date, I have been told by the company they will absorb the cost of the transfer which would normally cost B1000 each way.

We booked online at johngray-seacanoe.com/thailand/hong-by-starl…

You can also email them and I found them very quick to reply to my questions.

Really looking forward to this tour after reading all your reviews.

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong by starlight

Have a great trip, we look forward to your 'report'!

Regretfully, we won't be able to join you on that day.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong by starlight

Hi blue&clear,

I hope you do get some replies to make up numbers for the transfer. This was one of the reasons i have not yet done the John Gray as it works out expensive with this transfer on top especially now with the low exchange rate. I am also staying at the Le Meridien the same time as you but on the 25TH Feb have a meet up night arranged at the Every Day House Rest for any members that would like to come with Arandora.

Julie

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong by starlight

Is there one in March also?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hong by starlight

Hello Sanuksanaan,

4th March. It will be nice to have a drink and a chat with who ever would like to come along .

Julie

UK
Level Contributor
963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hong by starlight

such a pity we fly home on 22nd or we would have joined you! we are in KL from 12 to 17 Feb

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hong by starlight

Thanks Julie

After reading reports on this trip, We decided it was hopefully worth the extra expense.

Shame I booked it for the same night as the meeting, I didnt realise at the time.

Perhaps bump into you at the bar!

Best wishes

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hong by starlight

Hi blue&clear

Happy hour is from 17.00hrs pool bar a lovely place to chill after a hard day. See you there

Julie

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hong by starlight

bumped this up as alot of people are asking about this tour

9. Re: Hong by starlight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 01:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations