We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

We left Kata beach early on the 2nd January & drove ourselves to Bang Niang beach.

The drive up was good, took us 2 1/2 hours. Stopped off at the Coffee de Garden & Bakery house on the way.

I've done a review on the Amanusa Resort where we stayed. Maybe not up yet..check in a couple of days.

We were in Khao Lak for 10 nights & the Amanusa was in a perfect location right on the beach with beautiful sunsets & cold beers.

We did lots of day trips to different areas & every second day we relaxed on the beach outside the Amanusa on their deck chairs.

Some of the places we visited( these are not in any order) were Phanom, An Khoei Beach, Kamphuam, Phrapat beach, Phangna towen, Phung Chang cave, Koh Nok, Pukarang Cape, Thaplamu Pier, Mu ko surin National Park, Green view pier, Tumburri Market, Takuapa bus station & market.

I've probably missed some names,we enjoyed all the places we visited & took some great video & photo's

Visited the Snapper bar 3 times, got a songthaew up & there is a young guy always out the front selling cheese burgers who doubles as your driver if you want.

Nice guy, had a Kia carnival so lots of room.

There are many bars around so you never had to walk far.

We went to the Bang Niang markets a couple of times starts late afternoon. My husband bought some nice Billabong cotton dress shirts 3 for 1050 baht.

One night we went to Pinnocchio's Pizza & Pasta at Bang Niang. The restaurant was always crowded so we thought we would try our luck.

The pizza's looked big & cheesey & popular but we ordered the (apparent) home made lasagne & gnocchi.

The pasta was not good so we asked for the bill. The owner told us not to pay but we did pay our bill then left. We then headed back to the Amanusa for a late dinner which was excellent as always.

The water was calm everywhere we went & i didn't get stung by any sea lice.

We didn't do any boat trips as we were saving these for our visit to Koh Chang.

Compared to what we are used to in Thailand & our travel style, we felt that 10 nights in Khao Lak was too long for us.

However, having said that as a base to work from to explore other areas around Khao Lak it was fine.

Hope this helps. CJ

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

Hi CJ,

Thanks for your very helpful report. You took in some interesting and different places in your 10 days. Pity about the pasta. That restraurant does seem to get some mixed reviews. Glad also that you enjuoyed the Amanusa which has had a bit of checkered history before opening properly. Look forward to your review on it when it comes up.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

Thankyou Alan,

I think you will like my review on the Amanusa.

Minnie is a gem. If you do happen to be speaking to Minnie & or any of her gorgious staff please send our regards. CJ

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

Hi CJ,

Will do.

Regards

Alan

4. Re: JBR- 10 nights in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 03:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak