We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite places to eat

north east england
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Favourite places to eat

We are coming to Khao Lak at the end of Feb for the first time , would love some recommendations on where to eat - we are staying at the Baan Khaolak Resort

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite places to eat

Hello,

There are some fantastic restaurants in and around Khao Lak you will find them on the maps at www.khaolaklovers.com . These are a few of my favourites

Jai's

Everyday House

Takieng

Somsri

Khaolak seafood

Phu Khaolak rest

Fishermans Bar

Do not be afraid to try the roadside eating places when you are out and about you will have some delicious food at these and so cheap.

There are some great beach rest like the Boatyard near to the Sarojin only open 10.00hrs to 19.00hrs a great place for a change and a spot of lunch this is my husbands favourite. Also at Ao Thong some more also known as White Sand Beach.Then you have the Rim Lay by the Le Meridien and then up at Bang Sak a fantastic rest called Kontongscu you will find many local people here. I hope some of these will help no doubt you will come back with your own personal favourites.

If you are in Khao Lak on Wednesday 25th February at the Everyday House for anybody that wants to come along Arandora and myself will be there from 8pm. It will be nice to meet fellow members and put a name to faces.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,169 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite places to eat

Hi,

As you're staying at The Baan Khao Lak, my recommendations within walking distance would be-

Muanlai

Phu Khao Lak

Ruen Mai

Jai's

Everyday Kitchen

5 Minutes drive in a txis north gets you to Bang Niang where there are-

Takieng

Dao Thong

Amanusa

Another 2 minutes north gets you to Khuk Khak where there is a very nice Korean-style barbeque restaurant.

The excellent restaurants already mentioned near the sarojin are another 10 minutes north.

bangsak is another 5 minutes north where in addition to the Kontongscu, there are 3 or 4 excellent restaurants near The Haadson resort.

Finally, about 20 minutes drive north of Khao Lak, you get to Takuapa, where there is an excellent Thai restaurant next to the river (just behind the bus station).

Have a great trip.

P.S. You may also see me at one of the TAC meetings at The Everyday. I assume it's the bar to the left of the restaurant? Upstairs or downstairs??

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
north east england
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite places to eat

Thanks for those posts very usefull , we travel 28th Feb having 5 nghts in Chaing Mai first - cant wait

4. Re: Favourite places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 04:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak