We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The former Rixos Khao Lak

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
The former Rixos Khao Lak

After the Rixos Group pulled out, this new resort is now called the Cher Fah Khao Lak as reported here ftnnews.com/content/…

Details on the website of the German Hotel Group Transorient, which owns the resort. http://transorient.de/

Bookings are being taken from 1st February 2009 but All Inclusive is not being offered as an option.

Prices on this website range from £134 to £201 per room night incl breakfast and taxes until the middle of April.

The resort was redeveloped under the name Kempinski Cher Fah before transferring to the Rixos Group. Now it would appear to be being run independently by its owners.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The former Rixos Khao Lak

Hi Arandora,

I was wondering what was going to happen with this property. I am relieved for Khao Lak and the local people that it will no longer be an allinclusive. I can not wait to see the reviews as to whether it will be a hit or miss.

Julie

uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The former Rixos Khao Lak

Thats very good news all inclusive in Khao Lak would be a complete waste. And so bad for local bars restaurants.

3. Re: The former Rixos Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 02:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak