We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

retaurant opening times..

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
retaurant opening times..

Hi all....

we're off to khao lak,staying at Le Meridien first 2 weeks of april...we've been swatting up on things to do,where to eat etc on this very informative site...but a post i spotted earlier this week got me thinking....what times do the restaurants in khao lak stay open till?....we usually eat latish about 9.00 pm onwards...and i believe the restaurants such as rim lay? close at 7.00pm...and do the bars stay open late??....cheers in advance or whatever the saying is in thai..... ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: retaurant opening times..

Beach restaurants like the Rim Lay tend to close by 9pm as there is not much passing trade to stay open for. Those in the main areas of Bang La On or Bang Niang stay open until about 11pm and you will find bars open until after midnight albeit it will be fairly quiet by then.

Mentioned in this post
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: retaurant opening times..

Hi

You will find the Rim Lay gets most of its trade from the Le Meridien and i have gone there about 20.15 hours and people have come in after that as well. They tend to stay open while anyone is ordering and drinking but i woiuld personally get there before 21.00 as the best fish ect will have gone by this time. The restaurant that closes by 19.00 hrs is the Boatyard rest which is a 10 minute walk past the Sarojin hotel.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: retaurant opening times..

thank you or is it khop khun...might as well get into all things thai...lol....for your very helpful replys....the food sounds delicious what you've described....think we'll try and eat a tad earlier...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: retaurant opening times..

Khap Khun Khrap = Thank you for a male speaker, Khap Khun Ka = Thank you for a female speaker.

See this site for useful words and phrases. Click on the phrase and you can hear how it sounds in Thai.

http://thaiarc.tu.ac.th/thai/thphrase.htm

5. Re: retaurant opening times..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak