We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Worksop
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post as i have now got over the jetlag and christmas .My wife will be hunting for her laptop i have it in my den normally it is strapped to her side inseperable.

I arrived in Khao Lak in November and to my favourite hotel Le Meridien my home from home for three weeks.I must thank my wife first for packing my case and making all the arangements as she spends many hours planning my holiday for me and sends me with a notebook packed full of where to go and what to do even down to the restaurants to visit.

My favourite room at the Le Meridien was soon sorted for me as i had been allocated one in the family wing nothing wrong with that but as i am alone i prefer the Le Spa Wing . Top marks to the Concierge on the ball as usual shame he will be leaving in mid January you really will be missed my room was soon sorted.

It was nice to see so many staff still there sadly some had departed to do other things. I love the friendliness of this hotel staff will go out of their way to make your stay so special. I was alone but never felt alone.

My favourite restaurant was the Boatyard which my wife said i had to try. I went with some thai friends it was also their first visit here and it is now their favourite also anybody going just has to have the prawns in Garlic Sauce it is so delicious all the food is and the monk fish in chili suce wonderfull.It is only open untill 19.00hrs but next high season 2009 should be open throughout the evening as a new hotel is opening up there which will make this place more accessable in the evening.

I aslo went to old favourites like Jai's Everyday House for the inside out fish and of course Rim Lay

I had a fantastic seafood meal arrangd by Preecha at the Le Meridien assistant food and beverage manager this was out of this world i had a mussel sea food soup, followed by crab, lobster , prawns and sole in an aniseed sauce with salads it was a gastronomic delight. Preecha you excelled yourself.

Trips i went on plenty i loved the trip to Chiowan Lan Lake with www.khaolaktours.info . This was so different i was picked up it was a personal privte tour with my own tour guide and driver i felt like a celebrity i have to thank the wife for arranging also the driver called Ken and Li my guide who stayed with me all day explaining history and culture and telling me about all the places on the way. I have to say what fabulous scenery so beautifull it was magical we went to the caves, jungle walking,canoeing ,tubing it was breathtaking. I must say being a 5 star man i was glad to go back to my hotel at night the rafthouse woild not have been for me my wife knows me well.

I also did the Surin Island trip with Kuraburi Greenview travel and this is well worth it. A little tip is to not snorkel on your own but ask one of the guys on the boat to show you the best spots i did and saw black reef tipped sharks this was amazing i raved about it for days along with other marine life.I was only sorry my wife could not share the experience due to our dog who nrarly pined away last year when he was left in kennels.We both feel dogs are for life hence the now seperate holidays.

I also one day took a bicycle and went to Takua Pa nearly killed me going all that way on a bike . I also went to Bangsak and had a look at the prawn farm just past there.Went to the water falls in the area and the nationl park.Most days went kayaking up and down the coast good job Mrs was not with me as for the first two weeks loads of jelly fish she would have freaked out in the sea as usually accident prone she would have been swimming with them.

I have to say for anybody thinking of going to Khao Lak that has never been go for it because it is a fantastic place and the people are so friendly. I shall be back there in a few weeks time but a message to my wonderfull wife when i come home it is then your turn you introduced me to Khao Lak and thank you for giving up your holiday so i could go there is not many like you you are one in a million.

I would also like to thank all the staff at the Meridien for making my stay so special you all went the extra mile and i look forward to my return.

UK
Level Contributor
787 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hello Mr Jenson

Glad you had a fab time, its a shame you and Mrs Jenson could not go together cos of the dog - I knwo how you feel!(its a shame more people don't see their dogs as for life!!) We have been able to get our kids to look after our dog in the last three years as could never of put him in kennels - sadly our old boy died suddenly at the beginning of December so we don't have to worry about him now when we come over for our first trip to Khao lak.

Love the sound of the boatyard, how far is it from LM?

Jai and Rimlay are open in the evnings aren't they.

Mrs Jenson has been very helpful to us to! I think we are there roughly about same time as her, first week in March?

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
2. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Nice to hear from you Mr Jenson.

Have read so many of your wifes interesting posts,

maybe you should buy your "own laptop" then we will get twice as many reports from your family!!!

Philip

Worksop
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Oh dear her indoors is laughing it should have read wonderfull.

The Boatyard is either a 20 minute walk down the beach or take the bikes if you are staying at LM i used to bike it if none of the lads were available to give me a lift.Jai's is allways a favourite and will be open also the Rim Lay .If the tide is high you will not get to the boatyard via the beach from LM.It is a nice walk down in the daytime though and the staff there will make you very welcome.

Philip i only had the laptop today as someone went shopping .

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
455 reviews
4. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Enjoyed your report Mr Jenson, I also agree with you buying yourself a laptop, then we can have twice the good reports lol.

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hi Mr Jensen

Glad you enjoyed your trip and thanks for telling us all about it. Is there somewhere you can hire the kayaks or are they from LM?

It's a shame you and Julie have to holiday separately. We have never been keen to kennelise our dogs and in the past our children have moved back home. Since they now have children of their own we now rely on a non married friend to move in for a couple of weeks. We are very lucky.

Actually, one of our nieces in Nottm. operates a very professional house/pet sitting business (prefers animals to babies) so if it is something you would consider I'll happily give you her contact details.

Worksop
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hi TazmoPerthWA

The kayaks are free to use at the LM if you are staying there. I usually go out everyday on one and go all the way to Bangsak and then have a snooze on the deserted beach before i head back.

Julie will contact you on your contact it is nice to have other options thankyou.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hi Mr.J. - great report1 We missed you at the Rim Lay when we were there last and look like we will miss you again although Julie will be making up for it.

Regards

Alan

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Hi Arandora,

Mr Jenson will be there while 6th Feb.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

Think I'll just wait for the lone kayaker to the Boatyard!!!

10. Re: Wondwefull Khao Lak and Le Meridien JBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak