We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak over the New Year

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak over the New Year

Hi Guys,

1st time in Khao Lak for a week over this New Year - any recomendations on what three couples could do for a good night out on NY Eve? We want to do something memorable, like a beer, some food & a bit of a party!

What are the good Bars in the area please?

Are there any Bars open late on or near the Beach? or do you have to go up to the Main Road for this?

We are staying at Nang Thong 2.

Also, are there any restaurants 'on the beach' near Nang Thong 2 to have a nice romantic meal one night?

Many thanks

Adrian

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Hi Adrian,

I've not actauuly stayed in KL over New Year - yet! - but I'm sure there will be plenty going on with bars staying open late for the celebrations. The restaurant at the Nang Thong 1 has an excellent reputation as has the one at the other side of you at the Baan Khao Lak. However most restaurants and bars are up on the hihghway in Bang la On.

The Happy Snapper is the best for live music with Tarzans, Freestyle and Lazy House also. If you have time before New Year's I'm sure you will enjoy finding one to suit.

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Hi Adrian,

If you are looking for live music followed by a night club 'itinerary' can I recommend the folowing.

Happy Snapper/The Degree Bar & The Peach Club

The Degree bar and The Peach Club are in Bang Niang, so it's a short taxi ride from Nang Thong.

The Peach Club is very loud though, not suitable for all tastes, but it does do themed nights, for example Haloween, so chances are there will be something special for New Years Eve! I recently did The Happy Snapper followed by The Peach Club and it was a great night out!

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Thats brilliant guys - thanks a lot!

I think we will check out Nang Thong & the other place nearby for a nice meal, and the Snapper Bar for a NY Eve drinkie! Someone had told me about Snapper Bar some time ago, so seems the place to be! Will probably check out the others too - be rude not to!

Thanks again guys - and Happy New Year!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

For more info on the Happy Snapper see

http://krabidir.com/happysnapperbar/index.htm

and

http://happysnapperbar.com/

The Snapper Brothers are really good!

Enjoy!

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

The Happy Snapper also has a great Thai Elvis tribute act. Unmissable!

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Thanks again guys!

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Thanks for the advice on the New Year!

We had a wonderful night - meal on the beach front of Nang Thong, & drinkies until the wee hours in the Happy Snapper Bar - the band were great, with covers from anything from Oasis to AC/DC to Robbie Williams!

Then we went back to the beach & set off some fire lanterns!

Cheers

Adrian

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for posting back with your experinces. I often see posts which don't conclude and wonder what happened! I'm pleased you had a good time in Khao Lak, any plans to return?

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

I think we will return one day, Khao Lak just made a nicer alternative than Phuket before hitting the Islands! And thats something i would recommend to anyone!

10. Re: Khao Lak over the New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations