We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homeless Dogs

Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Homeless Dogs

Is their a Soi Dog Foundation rep in KL with whom we can leave a donation, or anyone who takes it upon themselves to assist the homeless animals? I'd be quite happy to buy dog/cat food if a donation's not appropriate.

Mentioned in this post
Soi Dog Foundation
Soi Dog Foundation
824 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi

There is a soi dog foundation in Phuket www.soidog.org also the Sarojin have a foundation to help the local comunity and one of the projects is employing a community local vet to help with homeless animals www.sarojin.com/community.html .It does tug at the heart strings when you see all the stray dogs.There did used to be a samall local based rescue center as i did see it advertised somewhere when i was in Khao lak perhaps the soi dog in Phuket can give you details or the Sarojin.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Homeless Dogs

Temples also take care of dogs, they welcome bags of dry food etc. So instead of mone you can buy dry food and deliver to the temple, it is always welcome. B 1,000 would but 2 'huge' bags of dry food.

The Sarojin idea of helping a vet sounds very good also.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Homeless Dogs

As well as other contacts, pop into the office attached to the Happy Snapper Bar, they have latest local Rescue Centre details.

Mentioned in this post
Happy Snapper
Happy Snapper
174 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Homeless Dogs

Thanks everyone. So pleased to know their welfare is taken into account. I know many overseas vets assist the Soi Dog Foundation in Phuket but doubt that the service extends as far as KL so I think I might donate to the Sarojin's vet assistance and buy some food to leave at the temple.

Mentioned in this post
Soi Dog Foundation
Soi Dog Foundation
824 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi Liccylaccky,

I have just come accross the KhaoLak Vet clinic at Bang Niang if it is still there no website telephone number084-1888220 086-2727353

opp TMB Bang Niang RD

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi

there were a few stray dogs nipping in and out of the Le Meridien resort whilst we were there, they did however keep themselves to themselves and didnt take any notice of the guests staying in the resort I actually found them to be quite commical and they looked to be in very good shape.

Manicus.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi

They will be quite well fed they go tripping round the floors at night and polish off anything left on the room service trays left outside the rooms.

Julie

Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi again Jenson

Well the dogs I dont mind, in our hotel in Krabi room service trays were left outside the rooms one tray was standing there for over 36 hours, upon our return one evening we were met with a rat having a go at the leftovers I will talk about that hotel shortly on the Krabi forum.

Manicus.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Homeless Dogs

Hi Julie

Thanks for the info for the Bang Niang vet. Sorry if I'm being a dunce but would you pls translate what it is opposite, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Homeless Dogs

I've got two strays living with me. You can send me some money if you like.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak