We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange in Khao Lak

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exchange in Khao Lak

We are arriving quite late to Phuket Airport

Does the bank for money exchange open till 9pm?

Is it better to change money in Singapore

And also I was wondering if there is any bank with currency exchange in Khao Lak town or any good money exchanger with better rates

Hope for your good advice

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exchange in Khao Lak

There are 4 exchange counters at Phuket Airport. See map at http://tinyurl.com/6rxuln

I'm not sure what time they stay open to.

There are both banks and money exchanges in Khao Lak but I think these will be closed by the time you get there. Banks have better rates than money exchanges in my experience.

However, I use a Direct Debit card to draw cash at any of the ATMs you will find both at the airport and in Khao Lak.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Exchange in Khao Lak

Thanks Arandora for your information

Always helpful!

I think I will bring some from Singapore and the rest I will change at bank in Khao Lak

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Exchange in Khao Lak

Oh I forgot to ask

Does Thai bank open on Saturday?

I am flying off this Friday for a weekend

And I need to change money on Saturday at bank

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money Exchange in Khao Lak

If it is anything like UK you will get a better rate of exchange in Khao Lak. Look here for rates in Thailand scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm updated throughout the day.

5. Re: Money Exchange in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 17:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak