We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Tourism in Phang Nga

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Eco Tourism in Phang Nga

the Phang-Nga Tourist Association is promoting eco-tourism at Koh Nok village in Thai Muang.

Boosted as a new tourism product for Phang-Nga, the Koh Nok eco-tourism community is now being promoted by the provincial Tourist Association as an alternative for visitors. Located in Thung Maphraw of Thai Muang district, the Koh Nok community houses a big longan orchard, the fruits usually grown in the country’s northern part. The orchard is attracting visitors into the community. The Phang-Nga Tourist Association’s president Kris Srifah said even though the place is not well known to tourists, it can be developed for sustainable tourism. More importantly he said the eco-tourism site adds options to visitors to Phang-Nga.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Eco Tourism in Phang Nga

Very interesting! Do you have a link to the full article by any chance?

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
2. Re: Eco Tourism in Phang Nga

Unfortunately, that's all there is at the moment.

I hope to follow up the post with some first hand information on my next visit, as it's now on my list of places to visit!

3. Re: Eco Tourism in Phang Nga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak