We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Air

perth
Level Contributor
701 posts
13 reviews
Eva Air

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has travelled with Eva air and can tell me if its worth upgrading to their 'Elite' cabin which is like premium economy? Think you get 38" legroom which sounds really good.

Regards

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Eva Air

Hi

I think you'd probably have a much better response to this post on the Bangkok forum. Simply because that's where EVA flies to. However, before posting this reply I had a very quick look on the Bangkok forum and I could see some good reviews. Just simply type in EVA Air into the search and you'll see them too.

I'm now going to go back to read them all as I'm flying with EVA next year too!

Best of luck!

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Eva Air

Hi , we have never flown with Eva Air, however we are flying with them in Feb. They come highly recommended to us. They have fantastic reviews and are great value for money. The above reply is correct, post this on the Bangkok forum lots of great reviews on there. Good Luck x

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
3. Re: Eva Air

Hi,

You can also take a look here for reviews.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/eva.htm

Sarah

xx

perth
Level Contributor
701 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Eva Air

Thanks everyone, Have been reading the different reviews and they sound a good airline. We are undecided whether to fly Singapore airlines and stopover there or Eva and stopover in Bangkok. Will see how the different prices compare.

Thanks again

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Eva Air

It will be worth the while to upgrade to the 'Elite' which is really premium economy.The seats are not only wider, but are usually placed at the front part of the aircraft, which means less turbulance.

Singapore airlines would no doubt be the better choice if one could afford it, the only downside is that, they do not have the upgraded premium economy class.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Eva Air

Although Singapore is great (but comparatively expensive) and Singapore Airlines are great (but also comparatively expensive) flight connections to Phuket are not as frequent and convenient in our experience as going through other hubs like Bangkok or have you considered Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian Airlines, for instance, direct from Heathrow? Good in flight service and IFE and generous legroom even in Economy. We booked for our flights next year Hethrow to Phuket via KL on one ticket, including a stop over on the way back, and the price was cheaper than booking either two flights with MAS or even London to Kuala Lumpur with MAS and then KL to Phuket with AirAsia.

perth
Level Contributor
701 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Eva Air

Hi There,

We flew with

alaysian airlines a few years ago and they were really good. We also had a stopover in Kuala Lumpur at the same time so would like to go to either Bangkok or Singapore. Is Singapore much more expensive than Bangkok?

Regards

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Eva Air

We had a 2 night stopover this time last year on the way to Australia and received £100 compensation from Qantas for 1 of our cases being left behind (arrived next day). That just about covered dinner for my wife and I in one of the excellent restaurants on Clarks Quay. There are, like Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur cheaper places if you dine locally but generally speaking I would say Singapore, most expensive, then KL, then Bangkok. But we love Singapore, despite its ultra cleanliness. :)

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
9. Re: Eva Air

Hi again,

Singapore is a great stopover and quite a contrast to Bangkok, Arandora has alreay mentioned the ultra cleanliness but Bangkok has a buzz about it that we love. Singapore is very expensive we were paying £20 for a G&T in our hotel, and at Clarkes Quay £12 for a jug of Tiger Beer or £10 a bottle and £10 for a cocktail!

Hope that gives you an indication.

Sarah

xx

perth
Level Contributor
701 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Eva Air

Thankyou, It sounds as though Bangkok is the cheaper option although would be nice to fly Singapore Airlines. I have also heard Singapore is a nicer airport. Am sure Eve airlines would be good though. In premium economy you get 38'' which is a lot. Bangkok also looks a wonderful city to explore!

Regards

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations