We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak - this weekend!

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak - this weekend!

Hi,

Does anyone know if the sun is shining there at the moment??

...We're off to Krabi after Khao Lak and thunder storms are predicted :(

Thanks!

1. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2008, 22:43
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

Until anyone who is staying there at the moment comes along with more recnt information, my German friend staying in Khao Lak tells me they have had a fair amount of cloud and rain since his arrival on 30th October but it has gradually been clearing away and still with plenty sun. On Monday he went to Phuket to Big C and Tesco Lotus and got very wet indeed and it had been raining in KL on his return. Yesterday (Tuesday)the weather was much better. This is typical at the end of the Wet going into the beginning of the Dry Season.

You will always see thunderstorms predicted as that is the nature of the climate even in the Dry Season. For much of our 8 weeks there last January to March thunderstorms were being shown on forecasts but days and weeks passed without any.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

Hi,

Never worry about the weather. If it shows a thunderstorm ect it might only be in the evening for an hour or so.I am sure you will have mainly dry weather to wet. Even when it does rain it is great as it is still so hot. The worst months for rain have passed i am sure the sun will shine for you. My hubby leaves for KL on Saturday and he usually takes the sun with him.LOL

Julie

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

Great! thank you so much for your replies! :)

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

Will you do a JBR?

It will be interesting to see how the weather was, compared to the suggestions.

Also, how was your trip back, any problems?

6. Re: Khao Lak - this weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 17:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak