We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Chalong

Oslo
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Chalong

Hello!

My son and I have chartered a big-game boat for a day out fishing. The boat is at the Chalong pier, and we have to arrange transport from Bang Niang early in the morning and back in the evening.

Anyone got some tips about approx. cost for this?

Tips on reliable drivers would also be most welcome!

Have read about KhaoLak Taxi, any experiences with those guys? Seems a little strange that their only contact info is an email adress, or have I missed out on something? (Wouldn't be the first time, hehe)

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Chalong
Chalong
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Chalong

Hello,

I did this trip last year best price i got was from Mr Sam recomended on the phuket forum i had also used him before i paid 1800baht each way 3600baht. e mail siam_intouch@yahoo.com . You could try khaolak taxi i also thought it strange that there is no contact number which is why i have never used them i like to know you can telephone somebody for just incase. I have heard from someone that did use them and they turned up and gave them a good price.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Chalong

Bear in mind that small local outfits may not be very proficient in English (or other languages), so Email gives them the opportunity of someone translating information for them rather than them not understanding telephone calls.

Oslo
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Chalong

Thanks, Julie. Great tip!

@ Aranadora; That makes a lot of sense. I've really should have thought about that :-).

Regards

Øistein

Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Chalong

Hello!

If that was not possible I have a contact that arranges taxis. She speaks good english and arranges alot of trips back and forth from the airport. I know airport personel uses her when they stay for a couple of night so she is reliable(I went with her myself)

Contact her here: pan_pan_258@yahoo.com

Or talk to her at Amanusas touristoffice at Bang Niang beach.

She is friendly and easy to talk to so my tip is that you go there, specially if you live in Bang Niang already.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Oslo
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Chalong

Thanks a lot for the tip, Ture!

We'll be staying at The Sudala Beach, so that should be just next door, so to speak! I'll check out all your tips, for sure.

Much appreciated!

Regards

Øistein

Mentioned in this post
Sudala Beach Resort
Sudala Beach Resort
116 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak