We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheather in May

Essex
3 posts
Save Topic
Wheather in May

My partner and I are looking to book a Honeymoon to Khao Lak, going on 18th May.

Has anyone been here in May? What was the wheather like. I have concerns about the rainfall!!

Thanks Vicky

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheather in May

Hi Vicky,

May is the beginning of the Wet Season, so you will get rain - but you do in the Dry Season just not as much or as frequent. We extended our stay into May a couple of years ago and, apart from the sea roughing up and making ocean bathing hazardous at times, the mornings and early afternoon were still beautiful and sunny and very hot, then it clouded over and we had a thunderstorm late afternoon sometimes early evening. It lasted an hour or so then quickly dried up. Typically tropical! This weather pattern was the same in February this year so you can never tell.

May is still a great month though because you will get sun. More cloud too but take care and use plenty sunscreen as you will get tanned but you don't want to get burned.

Accommodation prices fall to half or less than in the preceding months so great value, especially for a honeymoon. There will be less visitors about but in May most restaurants, bars and shops will be open, although some beach restaurants close at the beginning of May because of their exposed locations. It depends where you are planning to stay.

I'm sure you will enjoy honeymooning in KL.

Essex
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheather in May

Thankyou very much. That helps me a lot. Thinking of booking it today!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheather in May

Good luck. Let us know where you pick in due course.

4. Re: Wheather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 16:03
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak