We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayara villas

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Ayara villas

I have booked a few days at White Sands beach for a really scenic and peaceful break but i then want a week at a more hotel type resort nearer to the town. I have been looking at Ayara villas but on Tripadvisor the latest feedback was in 2007. Has anybody any recent experience of the resort and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
146 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Ayara villas

Hello Rosie

There are lots of reiviews on asiarooms.com we are going to the ayara villa for five nights from 31 Dec i am sure it will be excelent.

Cheers

Gav & Michelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Ayara villas

Bungalow type resorts tend not to get as many reviews as hotel type. The Ayara Villas is a smashing resort with an excellent new hotel complex at the rear to add to the existing 2 sets of bungalows, the best ones being the sea facing ones. It has now 2 restaurants, one near the beach, one at the hotel and 2 pool, one in each location.

It is at the top end of Bang Niang Beach with easy access just to the north across to the lovely Khuk Khak Beach and to the south to restaurants, bars, massage places and shops both on or facing the beach and in Bang Niang itself.

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Ayara villas

Thank you Arandora for all your advice. I have looked at booking Ayara villas but all they have left is a delux room not sea view which is a shame. Also to book with them they sent me a form to complete and they want a photocopy of your credit card front and back. This is obviously a no no. If i book via their website instead again you have to use a credit card and it isn't a secure site. I assume that i can do a bank transfer but that costs etc.

Meanwhile do you know anything about Hotspring beach resort and spa ? I appreciate you comments.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Ayara villas

Hi Rosie,

Shame about the booking options. I understand your reticence but this is a common method of booking by local independent owners. Have you tried other more secure websites that feature the Ayara Villas such as this one? r24.org/siameservices.com/…

I don't know the Hot Springs Resort, only having driven upto and around it while doing the lovely Hot Springs Loop as featured here

www.khaolaklovers.com/hot-springs-drive.htm

It is in quite a remote area but with fabulous wild, unspoiled and deserted beaches several kms from the nearest town, Khok Kloi, which is a very typical, busy and non-touristy, local town. It's about half an hour from Khao Lak and about the same from the bridge onto Phuket.

This area is scheduled for some very high class resorts (one owned by the famous Raffles Group) and some very expensive private villas.

Sorry I can't help about the resort itself.

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Ayara villas

Again, thank you. I am desperate to sort this out and yes i had thought about using the site go Thailand to book Ayara villas as their site is secure. The only thing putting me off is the lack of seaview room. As i am spending 5 nights at Ao Thong beach villas for the next 7 nights i would like somewhere nearer to the resort of Khao Lak or somwhere with beach restaurants around. What do you think of Baan Khao Lak ? It has very good feedback etc.

Thanks again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Ayara villas

Baan Khao lak is an excellent resort in a great position on Nang Thong Beach and very handy for walking to centre of KL up the road in Bang la On. \

France
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Ayara villas

Thanks again for that. I have just one last question and then i will leave you in peace. In a 2007 post somebody mentioned construction work next to Ayara villas. Do you know if this is ongoing or completed.

Many thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Ayara villas

I think that was the construction of the new Ayara Villas hotel room complex to the rear of the existing resort which was opened in 2007. We stayed next to that complex and when we left in March there was an individual villa being built in between. There were also a couple of villas being completed on the beach front. There are other sites which no doubt will be redeveloped in the future.

Don't stop asking questions. It's important that you make the right choice to suit you.:)

brit in korea
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Ayara villas

Rosie, i'm also looking at Ayara, looks like a cool little resort that doesn't rip people off.

Have you thought about just calling them up and giving your card details over the phone?

Also whilst i'm on here, anyone have an advice on how to get from phuket airport to khaolak and what the price should be (you can get a mini van from Ayara for 1900 baht, which sounds kinda expensive to me).

ST

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Ayara villas

Regular taxi from outside the Arrivals Hall at the airport to KL is about 1500 baht. 1900 baht for a minivan is not bad if there are a few of you in your party.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak