We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao lak Merlin Resort / hotel advice

north east england
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
khao lak Merlin Resort / hotel advice

we are trying to book our hols for next March and fancy Khao Lak , can any one advise on a hotel that is close to the town we dont want to be restricted to the hotel for eating/drinking etc , have looked at the Merlin Resort ... any advice

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,866 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: khao lak Merlin Resort / hotel advice

Hello

I have not stayed at this hotel but do know it is quite a popular hotel. You would need to taxi into Khao Lak town Bang La On in an evening if you do not want to be hotel reliant. Have a look at the maps on www.khaolaklovers.com and it will show you the hotel position.There are a few outside restaurants which are very good in the vicinity where you can also book taxi's and local trips . Taxi into the town i was charged in April 150baht one way to and from the merlin. One of my fav restaurants is accross the road from the Merlin used to be Poos rest now called the Hello Bar.

If you are wanting to be in a more built up area then have a look at the Bang Niang beach area where you have the Ramada and Mukdara hotel resort plus many others.Also Khao Lak itself which is Nang Thong beach area has many good resorts ie Baan Khao Lak, Nangthong bay resort 1 & 2 which you can find on the map and google for weebsite. Another close to town and walkable is the Paradise resort.

I myself stay in a remote location up at the Le Meridien on Pakweep Beach. I find it no problem getting to and from Khao Lak. Howeever i do know that this does not suit everybody as some people do not want to be reliant on having to go by taxi to go out and want more on the doorstep.Taxi's are very cheap in kl but can add up at the end of your holiday.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,866 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Aonang Paradise Resort
Aonang Paradise Resort
729 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: khao lak Merlin Resort / hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 22:48