We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
145 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Hello

We will be arriving on Khao Lak on Dec 31st,will there be much going on,late bars etc,

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

Hello,

Allthough i have not stayed over xmas and new year you will find the hotels ect will be putting on the gala dinners. I have been told that the bars and restaurants pretty much close about the usual time. Khao Lak is usually a chill out kind of place and does not really have a wild party scene.The best place to head for would be Bang La On but it will be more low key than phuket.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
145 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks Julie

We are not party animals anymore (thankfully) we were just wondering about places to have a few drinks beyond midnight.

Cheers

Gav & Michelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Khao Lak is not normally a later night place not that the restaurants or bars wouldn't stay open if there was demand with most normally closing by midnight. However, I would be amazed if there isn't demand on New Year's Eve through to New Year early hours. German friends staying there earlier this year certainly were out late (or rather early!) into 2008. It may in fact be one of the few times (like Xmas Eve/Day) where you may even have to reserve a table at a restaurant or go early. The Happy Snapper and Tarzan Bars, both in Bang La On (commonly referred to as Khao Lak or Khao Lak Town) are where the best live music is (Happy Snapper and the Snapper Brothers being my favourite) and I am sure they will be open and spilling out onto the street.

Resorts themselves will probably have celebrations lined up too for the turn of the year.

Not quite like Thai New Year though, so expect to get sprayed with beer by fellow party goers rather rather than water by Thais! :))

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
4. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak