We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Khao Lak right now?

England
Level Contributor
316 posts
16 reviews
Weather in Khao Lak right now?

Hi!

was hoping someone who is there at the moment or someone who has just got back.....could let me know what the weather is like at the moment.

I am staying at the La Flora resort from Thursday 16th oct for 10 days, am so excited and really curious as to what to expect when I arrive!

Tips on what clothes to pack will be greatly appreciated too!

All help will be gratefully accepted and would like to thank everyone in advance for ther replies :)

CJ

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Weather in Khao Lak right now?

Hello,

To get an idea of what weather to expect have a look at www.accuweather.com. 15 day weather forecast for khao lak. At the moment it is much better than what it was this time last year when they had a lot of rain up till mid November as the transition period was much later last year. This year it is looking like it will be earlier.A lot of the time if it gives out rain or a thunderstorm this might just be in the evening .

Clothes to pack it will be very warm and humid i usually take a few dressy dresses incase i eat in a hotel but for khao lak and local restaurants most people dress casual .Around KL i have a couple of loose fitting skirts and some cropped trousers with sleeveless tops it is too hot for much else.Men you will see wearing best shorts with t shirts and short sleeved shirts. I only pack now 1 evening best trousers and mix and match shirts for hubby for hotel dining. Before have taken much more and you never wear them as it is so hot and sticky.

You will have a great time at the La Flora.

Julie

England
Level Contributor
316 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Weather in Khao Lak right now?

Thanks Julie,

I have been looking at accuweather and up until a couple of days ago it was sunshine for the duration of our stay (Takua Pa which I believe beiung nearby, is very similar weather pattern to Khao Lak). However, over the weekend, more and more dark clouds have been appearing!!

Caroline

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
3. Re: Weather in Khao Lak right now?

Takuapa is about 30 minutes drive from Bang Niang, where La Flora is. Have a look here for the last 24 hours weather - www.tmd.go.th/en/weather_report_3hour.php…

But remember, it can be raining in Takuapa, sunny in Bang Niang and raining in Bang La On, or the other way round! The rain never last for too long.

My advice, don't look at the forecast at all. Just go and have a great time, because you will!

4. Re: Weather in Khao Lak right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 08:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak