We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM + groceries?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
ATM + groceries?

Are there ATM machines in Bang Niang or only in La On center?

And are there more than one (we are going in July, do you think they operate normally in July)? How about money exhange booths? Only in La On center?

And are there grocerie stores/minimarkets where we can buy Pepsi Max or Coca Cola Light and some small snacks? I think I did see 7-eleven shop in Bang Niang map... But are there any others?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: ATM + groceries?

Hello,

You will find an ATM next to the 7/11 in bang niang. Also plenty in Bang La On and exchange places.You will have no problem buying snacks and drinks in Bang Niang also La On.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: ATM + groceries?

The best place for provisions in Khao Lak is the Nang Thong Supermarket which is on the highway at the top of the road down to Nang Thong Beach from Bang La On Centre. This is by far the biggest supermarket in Khao Lak, stocking a wide range of drink and groceries as well as snacks. There are ATMs outside it and on either side of the highway there. There is at least one other to the ones outside the 711 at Bang Niang, directly opposite it. This 711 does sell {Pepsi Mac and Coca Cola but is only small and has a fairly limited stock of snacks.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
3. Re: ATM + groceries?

Can you tell me, is this Nang Thong supermarket near some hotel?Maybe near the Father & Son hotel?

Did I understand right, there are 711 only in Bang Niang, not in La On? But there are other small grocerie stores in La On?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: ATM + groceries?

Yes, the Nang Thong Supermarket is just down the road from the Father and Son. There are, I think 6 or 7 711s in the Khao Lak area including in La On but the biggest and most widely stocked (and cheapest) supermarket is the Nang Thong Supermarket.

5. Re: ATM + groceries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak