We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International restaurants?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
International restaurants?

Do you know, are the international restaurants open in July/Green Season?

I am vegetarian and I can't eat fish. And I have been told many times that they use fish (sauge or something) in EVERY thai-dish. Even in the vegetarian ones. As fish is part of thai kitchen's spices...

I have found Pinocchio, mr Indian, Viking Steak House (but I think they serve only meat dishes?) and Portofino Pizza... Are there more good places for vegetarian?

So I was hoping to eat in the international restaurants since they don't use fish in everything. My partenr is happy to eat meat + fish and he is hoping to get tuna fish if he can find :)

Mentioned in this post
Viking Steak House
Viking Steak House
347 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
RuanThai Kitchen
₹, Seafood, International, Asian
Fizz Bistro-N-Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, Asian, Thai
Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: International restaurants?

Very few Thais are vegetarian, but its not impossible to persuade cooks to prepare a vegetarian only fried rice or noodle dish. You will have to say that you don't want fish sauce (Naam Plaa). In tourist areas specially concocted Thai and western vegetarian dishes are available and some menus will come up with a completely separate menu is requested. The magic phrase is 'dii-chan kin jeh' (I eat only vegetarian food, for women) or 'dii-chan kin tae phak' (I eat only vegetables) and 'karunaa mai sai naam plaa' (please don't use fish sauce).

2. Re: International restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak