We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
23 reviews
Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

I have been quoted 7000 Baht for a transfer from the Koh Jum Lodge to the Ramada. The quote came from the KJ Lodge, this includes a 40 minute long tail boat and 2h by minibus journey for a family of four.

Can anybody confirm that this a reasonable amount or should be look elsewhere for the minibus journey.

Thanks in advance

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

Hi this seems very expensive to me . Is this koh jum lodge on koh jum island? Why not get a ferry to krabi and then have a car and driver meet you in krabi off the boat to then take you to khao lak. Probably half the price.I would deffinately look elsewhere.

Julie

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

OK, you don't say when this is going to be. But let's assume it's between November and April when the ferries are running, and you do it all on your own.

So: ferry trip to Krabi for 4 people (all resorts on Koh Jum operate a free longtail to the ferry, which stops off the coast): 300 baht per person, so 1200 baht.

Taxi to bus terminal: 200 baht.

A/C Bus to Khao Lak: I'm not sure but the 2.5 to 3 hour trip is under 200 baht. But let's say 200 per person: 800 baht.

I'm pretty sure the Ramada would have you picked up at the Khao Lak bus stop if requested.

So what's that in total? 2200 baht.

If the ferryisn't running and you take the land route from Koh Jum to Krabi via Laem Kruat it's probably cheaper, but a little bit more difficult.

Once in Krabi, you could always go to an agency and get a minibus for, say, 1500-2500 baht for the trip, if you don't want to try a public bus. But the buses are comfortable and safe, particularly for such a short trip.

So, you decide.

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

Thanks to you both for your help.

Julie, your right we are going to Koh Jum Lodge and it is they who have quoted the 7000Baht price.The journey will be in Feb'09 (really cant wait)

As we will be travelling with two children I like the idea of the private minibus transfer straight to the Ramada perhaps making use of the resorts long tail to Krabi.

How easy is it to pre book the minibus and perhaps arrange for them to meet us at the pier, is this something I can do from the UK or should I wait until we are in Thailand.

Once again thansk in advance.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

Hello.

Yes you can arrange transfer quite easily either before you go or even when you are in Thailand. If it was me i would arrange from England then you know it is arranged and you can enjoy your holiday especially travelling with children.

You could try Patty at www.krabitours.com and click on taxi rates or just e mail and tell them your requirements and then they will come back to you with a price. Hope this helps.

Julie

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

OK, take the ferry to Krabi and arrange to be picked up at the ferry terminal by a minivan. You can easily set this up from Krabi when you arrive.

I wouldn't take the resort's longtail. They'll probably take you to Laem Kruat. Krabi is too far for a longtail trip. Ferry is better.

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

Yet again thanks to you both, you saved us a few pounds with your suggestions.

Bill2p, you are correct, the long tail boat goes to Laem Kruat, so I will look at getting the ferry once the timetable for 2009 is available.

Julie, thanks for the link I will certainly make use of it.

Regards

Steve

7. Re: Koh Jum to Ramada Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak