We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Ripponden, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Hi All,

We are travelling to Khao Lak in February and want to charter a speedboat for the day with captain. We are also going to do other trips but we wanted a nice day just motoring around Khao lak with a nice champagne lunch etc! We have contacted The Sarojin where we are staying but it's pretty expensive, over £1,000 for their boat for the day!!

Does anyone know of any companies who would be able to do this for us?

Thanks in advance.

Janie :-)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

There are some longtail boat trips along the KL coast thaty start from Bang Niang Beach just past the Ramada that I am sure you will be able to negotiate a special hire rate of a lot less than £1000! They'd probably SELL you a longtail boat for that! LOL :o)

You don't see many launches cruising the KL coastline to be honest. In fact other than the Sarojin's I can't recall seeing any.

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Maybe you can contact some tour operators who run boat trips and see if you can exclusively hire a boat for the day.

Just a thought.

…hi5.com/0034/543/824/9XqrcF543824-02.jpg

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

hello

You could have a look at www.phuket-travel.com click on private charter. Not sure if it can be arranged from khao lak you might have to go to Phuket.

Julie

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
146 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

WHAT, £1000 a day i am sure you could buy a fleet of longtail boats & their skipers for that price.It is obscene to be quoted that price,i hpoe you do not consider paying this as it will have the eventual knock on effect.

Gav

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Everything is relative. The Sarojin is pretty unique in Khao Lak and no way will their prices for a luxury launch influence local longtail prices. Perhaps if they were very popular but I don't think they do many charters at that price. Like anywhere else though if several people want to share a very special - and expensive - private charter, then that's the price on the ticket.

Ripponden, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Thanks for all your replies!! I agree I probably won;t pay around £1K for a day!! I'm sure it would be amazing but I will look into the longtail boats as i hadn't thought of that and didn't do it last time so always an option!!

Phuket would be easier to get charters from I guess so I'm sure we may be a little limited.

I'll keep looking and really appreciate the input folks!

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
7. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

Hi Janie,

Limestone adventures have various speedboats available for hire for half or full days.

Depending on tour and boat the prices range from around £300 to £3500!! The bigger price tag does get you a sunseeker tho'!

Take a look at this website:

limestoneadventures.com/html/phuket_charter_…

Sarah

xx

8. Re: Private Speedboat Hire in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations