We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking School

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
415 posts
33 reviews
Cooking School

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me if they know of a cooking school in Khao Lak? I will be staying at the Le Merdien Hotel but havn't had much luck finding out information.

Cheers

Jason

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Cooking School

Hi Jason,

The nearest one to Le Meridien is........Le Meridien! At least it was last year. You could book cookery classes at the beachside restaurant.

In the main centre of Khao Lak at Bang La On, there is firstly, wait for it, O'Connor's Irish pub (run by a Swede and his Thai wife) but with excellent cookery classes every Wednesday, including a trip to the local market to obtain your own ingredients. Very popular and often fully booked. See http://irishpub-khaolak.com/

Then there is also a cookery class at the Suwan Palm Restaurant on Nang Thong Beach.

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
2. Re: Cooking School

Hi,

at www.khaolakactive.net two cookery schools offer their services, one at the Suwan Palm Resort, another at Baan Koh Nok.

Rates in the season will presumably be around 1600 Baht per day.

J.

mlm2126
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Cooking School

You can also take a cooking class at the Irish Pub. I did it a few weeks ago. It was 1000 Bhat, I think, and chaotic but fun.

4. Re: Cooking School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 21:52