We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak - October

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak - October

Hi

We're looking at spending a week in Khao Lak in October (around 12th)and from various posts on this forum and reviews I've narrowed down my hotel choices a little. But I'm now a little worried about various reports on whether Khao Lak closes down out of season!

Can anyone advise on the area around Ayara Villas - I know we'll be visiting at the end of 'Green Season', does anyone know if local bars/restaurants are likely to be closed?

From what I have read the villas seem to be around 1.5km from Bang Nigang, same question really about the village, are we likely to find places closed?

We don't like anywhere too busy but do like to have a wander in the evenings to take in a little local life so it would be a shame if we chose an area where out of season places are closed!

Thanks

Susie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak - October

Hi Susie,

Those places that have been closed start to open up again in October but from local sources I unnderstand that most have remained open in Bang Niang, certainly the best restaurants both along the beach and up to the highway.

The Amanusa which is nearby you has a great restaurant right on the beach, then there is the Coconut Grove and the Chong Fah. Walk past the mukdara, La Flora and Ramada where the beach is at its widest and there are local beach restaurants which stay open and massage places. Up to the highway you have Pinnochio's, the Taly Thai, Paradise and up at the top, the Hmuw (great Thai BBQ), to name a few. On the highway itself, near the 711, the restaurants are more local in nature so don't only cater for tourists so stay open. Try the Khow Naew, which is Isaan (northern Thai) cuisine.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak - October

Hi Arandora

Thanks for your reply - my problem now is that everytime I look at websites or read forums I find somewhere else that goes top of the 'favourites' list! I really should stop taking these virtual holidays at weekends ;o)

And now that I've logged on here my fingers are twitching to head off to Khao Lak again right now. No, I MUST do some work :o(

Thanks for the advice, I may be back with other questions!

Susie

3. Re: Khao Lak - October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 19:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak