We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Hello Everyone.

We are staying at Le Meridien in October in a deluxe garden double room & booked the holiday back in Feb. We were considering upgrading to a pool view room overlooking Le Spa Pool area, but our tour operator has advised that due to increases in general, this would now cost over £300 extra for 10 nights.

We have therefore decided to stick with the original rooms. However we would like to know if anyone can recommend the best part of the hotel to have a garden room located. There is a map on this link:

expedia.co.uk/pub/…hotel-pictures

that shows the hotel grounds so if anyone can advise us, we would be grateful.

Thanks,

Judy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Having stayed in Le Meridien in 2006 in a De Luxe Pool Access Room (which actually is a ground floor room with a patio overlooking the gardens to the Le Spa Pool) and then in 2007 in a De Luxe Pool View Room on the 1st of two floors with a balcony overlooking the Le Spa pool which we preferre for si[pping our G&Ts at sunset and which was same room but without a DVD player (which you can get from Housekeeping anyway) and was CHEAPER, I am a little puzzled by the description "garden double room". Perhaps the descriptions have changed but the best De Luxe rooms in my view are the 1st and 2nd floor centre block sea facing overlooking the Le Spa pool.

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Our room is described as being a garden deluxe double. Double meaning a double room not a twin.It is situated on the ground floor according to the tour operator's brochure description.

From your description, a pool access room overlooking the garden sounds as though it could be the same thing, but deluxe garden rooms are cheaper than deluxe pool view rooms, which as you say, are on the 1st & 2nd floor rooms.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Ours were both Deluxe Doubles. In fact King Sized. Having had a look at a few websites it now appears that Starwood have reversed the position and made the upper floors more expensive than the ground floor.

Although you don't step straight out into the Le Spa pool you will have the advantage of going straight there from your room through the garden/border, only a few metres. I still think the ones facing the sea beyond the pool are best placed for the rest of the resorts facilities.

West Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

After you previous posts on which rooms where best to stay in I emailed LM to request a 1st or 2nd floor room (garden view again) and was told that this would be an addtional cost, so it would appear that they have made these rooms more expensive than the ground floor rooms... anyway I'll let you know what happens (I leave tomorrow) when we get back...

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
5. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Hi

As Arandora has said at one time the pool view rooms were cheaper than the garden rooms these used to be classed as pool access rooms now reverted to garden rooms.Now it is the other way round and you pay a higher price for the pool view rooms 2nd and 3rd floor.

The reason for this seems to be that in the tsunami a lot of the ground level rooms suffered damage and are damp and musty smelling with visible water marks. While i was there i did talk to people who had demanded a room change for this reason. So now they charge less for the garden room knowing that if you complain they will then charge a higher price for you to have a higher floor.

If your room does smell a bit musty you can use oil burners or ask the hotel to provide this should solve the problem.

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

Thanks for your all your posts which have been very helpful.

In response to a post from Arandora where you state

"We still think the ones facing the sea beyond the pool are best placed for the rest of the resorts facilities".

Please can you tell me if these are ground floor rooms that you refer to.

Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

I presumed you are going to leave your booking as is and not upgrade to an upper floor so I stil think ground floor facing the beach will be best as you should get most sun during the day.

8. Re: Le Meridien Hotel...rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 13:56
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak