We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Has anyone used www.khaolaktaxi.com for transfers? They quoted me really cheap transfers compared to the average suggested price. Has anyone used their service before? Here are the pricings they gave me:

1) Airport Pick up is 1600 Baht.

2) Chalong pier - round trip - is 2100 Baht

3) Aow Por Pier - round trip - is 1900 Baht

4) Airport Drop off is 1600 Baht

These are all going to or from Le Meridien Khao Lak.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Hello,

Are you sure that the prices quoted for chalong and aow por pier are return and not one way as that is cheap.

Julie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Yes, that is what they said, 7200 baht total for all four trips. Has anyone used them before?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Hi

I have noticed that they do not have a contact address or telephone number you are just directed to e mail.If you do use them please let me know how reliable they are as i paid 3600 for a return to Chalong. At the moment i need to arrange a taxi return to chalong again for November.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Share same query as Julie. The website shows one way prices about the same as you have quoted. 950 baht to Aow Por each way and 1050 baht each way to Chalong pier is incredibly cheap - or just incredible given both are further than to the Airport. :?

United States
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

I finished my Khao Lak trip a week ago and used this taxi service for all four of my transfers. I would recommend using them if you want to save money. We were traveling as a family of four. There minivan was a Toyota SUV and their limo was a new Toyota sedan. We were assigned one driver for all the transfers. The driver basic English so I couldn't really ask him any questions. He just took us to our locations although he was very nice. He was a very safe driver, following all the traffic rules. He picked us up on time for all trips.

For the airport transfer, he waited outside the arrival gates with a sign of our name. The only problem occured with our Chalong transfer. We stayed at Le Meridien KL so left at 5:45am, giving us two and a half hours. Our driver didn't fill up before we left but the gas stations in the area don't open until 6:30. So we had to wait at the gas station for 20 minutes until they opened up. However, after speeding and nail-biting, we arrived at the pier in time. The other two transfers went smoothly.

I would still recommend using their service as they are very cheap compared to other taxi services in the area. We spent 7200 baht on four transfers including two round-trip.

P.S. - To avoid confusion, I am nivek92k. I can't sign into that account for some reason.

United States
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Arandora, I think that the taxi company is located in Khao Lak so you have to pay for the transportaion for them to get to the airport from Khao Lak.

And the weather was wonderful our 5 days we stayed there. No rain and sunny!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

Hello KevinTraveler,

Glad to hear you had a good time and for posting about the taxi firm. 7200baht is a very good price for your 4 transfers i hope yopu enjoyed the trips that you chose to do. After your booking were you given any contact info for this company ie incase they were late or an emergency ect or did your driver give you his mobile number as point of contact? How long did it take you to get to Chalong pier at that time in the morning as i will be booking for this in November about 2 hours or would you need 2.5 hours.

Julie

United States
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

The company gave me a phone number in the e-mail. I got the driver's cellphone at the airport.

I would say 2 hours 15 minutes would do but 2 1/2 hours would probably be safer. As I said, the driver was driving faster than usual for this transfer because of the 20 minute hold-back. We arrived there in 1 hour 50 minutes.

9. Re: www.khaolaktaxi.com Reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 17:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak