We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
11 reviews
Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

Has anyone booked this resort independently without going through the internet booking service on their web site? I sent a reservation request, but received a reply that the booking service doesn't accept reservations for less than 5 nights. We will need 2 nights total, one on either side of an overnight snorkel trip. Is this possible at this resort? There is no phone number or alternate email contact on the website. Thanks!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

I think due to the popularity of this resort it only uses and needs the one booking service.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

Thanks Arandora, I'll have to look elsewhere. Is that common for the resorts there, and will I have trouble finding a place that books individual nights?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

Hello

It can also depend on the time of year in high season a lot of resorts do not want to accept bookings of 1 night stays and have a minimum of nights. I had this problem recently when i wanted an overnight hotel in Phuket from khao lak i had to try a number of hotels before i got one to accept my booking and they did stress it was only because it was low season being the end of April that they took my booking. You might have more luck in the bigger hotels if they have rooms free. Or you could book for the three nights even though you would not be there for 1 night. I have just booked for next year and i am doing a camping trip for 2 nights and i wanted 2 nights hotel 2 nights camping and then 2 nights back at the hotel the hotel would only accept my booking for the whole 6 nights.Good luck

Julie

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

Thanks Julie - I might do that or I may just end up dropping the overnight snorkel and do day trips instead.

5. Re: Alternative booking for Nang Thong Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 08:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak