We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Hi again,

To those who are following me around I am sorry for my spelling mistakes and ramballing, I am starting to go cross eyed and can someone come and rub my back???

Anyway, we got the driver who took us to Koh Lanta to drive us to Khao Lak, he picked us up on time and we enjoyed the long trip, except the 45 mins waiting for one of the ferries. We stopped in Krabi town for lunch, driver's choice, roadside stall for noodles, it was so funny ,Lee had his list out for no chillie(mai prik) no coriander , no lemon grass , gee that list has come in handy , thanks everyone!!

I was fine until I saw how dirty the chop sticks were , but tucked in anyway, look up to see the drver carefully cleaning his, bit late for me but I did not want to offend anyone lol.

You should have seen that driver eat, Ihe was so happy slurping and laughing his way thruogh his meal, we all really enjoyed our lunch and it only cost us a few Baht.

We stayed at the Ramada and after the beautiful scenery along the way were happy to get there.

Just a word of warning if your catching the public bus, it flew past us at one stage on a blind corner and we were doing 150 KM's.

Now to Khao Lak and the Ramada, the hotel is very nice, but, I think if you have booked a deluxe seaview room , you shoul actually be able to see the sea!!!!!!

When asked , I was told to put my head over the balcony and look, I could just see it.

Apart from that we enjoyed our time here, (we were spoiled by the Layana though), we had some good meals at their restaurant and the little beach restaurant outside to the left if facing the sea.

We hired a bike here and did a lot of touring around,I loved the area, it is so pretty , we got lost looking for a waterfall and some people came out of their house to give us directions ,all with hand movements as they had no English and of course we have such limited Thai.

We saw a lovely school that has obviously been built since the Tsunami , they had tennis courts and a swimming pool and the kids all looked lovely in their uniforms.

We were there early June and were surprised how many places were still open for business, as we were told that would not be the case!

We will return, now I only have my Phuket JBR to do,

it might have to wait until tomorrow, all this talking (typing) has made me thirsty, time for a Liptons or two.

Lindy.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Hi Lindy,

Great JBR . I would also expect a deluxe sea view to be able to see it, or what is the point in payiong the extra to have it. Still i understand it is a very nice hotel

I allways go biking here as the people are so friendly and usually go up to the waterfall. The first time i ever went i got lost as it is not really sign posted and i would have ended going straight on up the road past the school instead of turning off at the track a man on a motorbike showed us in the end.Its a real nice place though did you have a dip in the waterfall.

Another nice place to go to on your bike is Bangsak that has some real nice restaurants for refreshment.

Julie

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Hi Julie,

Yes we enjoyed our ride to the waterfall, as I said I thought the whole area was beautiful and we will be back. ( the Liptons have kicked in and I feel better now lol.)

Cheers Lindy.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
445 reviews
3. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Nice report Lindy, glad the liptons are working haha, have enjoyed chasing your reports around the various forums.

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Hi Lindy

This is the first of your trip reports I've read, so will have to play catch up. Pity about the "sea view" from your room (or lack of). Had a laugh over the chop stix.

Lee

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

Thanks Cathy and Lee,

It's really quite good doing the JBR's , brings things back to mind. I just wish my typing, and spelling were better!! I still have Phuket to do and then one final one back in Bangkok. That's a doozy,

The Hotel From Hell.

I've done a reveiw but TA doesn't seem to want to publish it. Must have been too hard on the hotel.

Cheers LindyXX

6. Re: JBR Khao Lak part 5 of my serial!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 07:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak