We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

I will be staying in Le Meridien Khao Lak in July. I was wondering how much is taxi from the airport to the hotel and how long will it take in minutes.

How much taxi is from Le Meridien to Ao Po Pier and return and how far is it?

How much is taxi from Le Meridient to Chalong bay and return and how far is it?

Your response is very appreciated

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

oops sorry for the repost

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Hi,

Have a look at this link for taxi (it says limousine but probably sallon not limo) to and from various places.

www.khaolaktravelcenter.com/index.php…

Travel from Khao Lak is shown from Nang Thong which is about 10 minutes from Le Meridien.

To Le Meridien would be about 1500 baht from the airport and takes about 75minutes (based on Airport to Khuk Khak - Le Meridien about 5 minutes further north)

Ao Po pier would take about 90 minutes

Chalong Pier about 105 to 120 minutes.

Distances: Khao Lak to Phuket is about 90km.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Thank you so much. That chart was exactly what I needed but do you know how updated the pricing is? Would it be a little bit more expensive? Or is the pricing updated?

Thank you so much

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Seems current. Those were the kind of prices being quoted last March. If you are going to Ao Po for the John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour they charged 1500 baht per person to Khao Lak which is same as 1500 baht each way. That was 2007. The Le Meridien limo (a proper limo!) was 1800 baht but that was 2006. Sorry but I've used a hire car since. But I don't think fares have gone up much. Whether they will because of increase in fuel prices remains to be seen. While gas is cheap compared certainly to UK and Europe, it is expensive relative to other costs and wages in Thailand so I suspect prices will have to go up. However, even a couple of hundred baht increase is relatively small in $s or £s.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for. I am actually going on the Captain Mark tour.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

Bon voyage. I am sure you will have a memorable trip with Mark.

7. Re: Le Meridien Khao Lak Tranfers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 18:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak