We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrades

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
upgrades

can anyone tell me if it is any cheaper to upgrade to another room once you arrive in the hotel than through agent,obviously if the room selected is available.?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrades

It depends on the hotel, whether it is part of a chain (and perhaps have loyaly programme points asy with SPG at Le Meridien) or an independently owned one. You probably have a better chance of haggling over a deal with a locally owned hotel as international one will have "company policy" and little if any discretion to offer other than rack (full) rates. If you are not bothered whether you get an upgrade or not then probably worth the risk to wait but if you definitely want a better room better to asses the risk of not getting it against the potential saving you might get.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrades

Hello

This time as i am travelling in High season for next year i have prebooked as i wanted a pool access room knowing if i did not get this i might be looking at the rooms and wishing that i had. Having said that i have on occaisions e mailed the hotel a month before travel and requested something different and it has been given and not charged. Once i did not even ask and was given a penthouse suite with a private pool instaed of a standard room.It will like Arandora says all depend on the hotel policy but i allways price the room on their room rate and then also with the agent. As sometimes the agents get a better rate or can offer you a good discount agaist your booking which then makes your room cheaper.

Julie

3. Re: upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 02:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations