We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Bucks
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Can anyone give me an insight as to what the weather is like at the moment?

Will be looking to arrive in the last week of may.

Many Thanks.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

RAIN!!!

Sorry but I think it is the tail end of Burma's cyclone.

Still hot though.

Lindy.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Last report from friends just leaving KL for Phuket was on 13th May. They had had it pretty wet but as Lindy said, that was even more due to the tailend of Cyclone Nargis. However, the sun and blue skies were starting to re-emerge. I spoke to my friend Monty the Tailor last Monday and he sid it was hot and sunny but with heavy rain at times, which is typical for this period.

Have a look at www.khaolakaktiv.net/english/index.html for a programme of alternative activities during the Green Season.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Monty The Tailor
Monty The Tailor
45 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bucks
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks for your response guys.

Let's hope it improves over the next week or so then. Will probably book accomodation next week so may well ask for an update from you.

Thanks again.

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I found this website with Khao Lak's weather report.

I hope it's helpful!

thomson.co.uk/holiday-weather/asia/thailand/…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

As you will see from the map, the weather point is in Takua Pa which is some 30km or so North of Khao Lak so, although a guide, it is not necessarily any more accurate than many or any of the other weather sites. Even in the Dry Season Jan to March when we were there this year, the thunderstorm symbol was showing nearly every day, even though there wasn't a hint of one in KL. Then again we had the odd thunderstorm when the Sunny symbol was showing. The changing nature of the weather and its effect on the beaches is one of the many things that attracts us to Khao Lak.

Unfortunately I haven't found a forecast based on a weather station that is actually situated in Khao Lak. If anyone finds one I'd be grateful for a link.:)

Mentioned in this post
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 22:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak