We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridian Khao lak- question about prices

uk
Level Contributor
222 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridian Khao lak- question about prices

Hi everyone

I am thinking of booking a week at Le meridian Khao Lak, and the price for the week is very good. However, when there, is it very expensive to buy food/ drinks? I have stayed in Phuket before.

I am trying to weigh up, is it better to stay at a similar priced hotel in Phuket where meals/ drinks may be cheaper, or to stay there?

any thoughts would be much appreciated

thanks

Nic

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridian Khao lak- question about prices

I assume you would be staying at Le Meridien with breakfast included, so you are considering prices of lunch and dinner and drinks. Having stayed there twice, if we had lunch at all after the magnificent breakfast, we dined at the Rim Lay beach restaurant 200 metres down the beach (excellent food and inexpensive) or at one of the three restaurants just further along around the headland past the Similana on the superb White Sand Beach. These are also excellent venues for dinner. There are other restaurants on the highway near the entrance to the Le Meridien. Also you can get a shuttle from the hotel (or a taxi by arrangement with the Rim Lay) into Bang La On, the centre of Khao Lak with its many great restaurants, bars and shops.

Should you dine in Le Meridien, there are several different restaurants, more expensive than local ones of course, but for a 5* resort they are comparatively inexpensive. The exception is the Khuk Khak restaurant, selling Korean BBQ and oriental cuisine at prices intended to lure diners there from outside the resort. Drinks cheaper accordingly.

I am not sure that dining in a 5* resort in Phuket would be any cheaper or better.

2. Re: Le Meridian Khao lak- question about prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations