We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on the beach

Coulsdon
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on the beach

We are currently staying at the Sarojin and were disappointed yesterday to find all three beach restaurants closed (looks like for some period of time) as was the Boatyard further down the beach.

We had planned to use these restaurants to save a bit of money and add a bit of variety.

This is not to say that the restaurants at the Sarojin are too outrageously priced but they are not cheap.

ps torrential rain most of yesterday morning followed by hot sun/clouds yesterday afternoon.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on the beach

What about te Rim Lay around past/over the Similana next to Le Meridien? is that still open?

Coulsdon
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on the beach

It is open but not too easy to get to from the Sarojin, except at low tide.

The manager at the Sarojin was suprised the others were closed as they were open at this time last year.

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on the beach

You can get around the rocky area in front of the Similana by taking the stairs at the pool area as you approach the Similana. Go up, just past the restaurant and follow the path that goes to the left - somewhere around the bungalow that is labeled the "Library" is a path down to the beach - on the other side of the rocky area. No problem.

Yeah, very nice rain on Phuket today too. Quite a good drizzle - we are on the outer edges of the cyclone that hit Burma and is in Northern Thailand right now.

I love this weather - nice and cool and the vegetation needs a good drink. Green Season - I believe - has started.

Guildford
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on the beach

Thanks for that info.

We are not so keen on the rain and are sitting here hoping we will get at least a couple of hours sun per day for the rest of our stay .

Phuket
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on the beach

We live down in Phuket and are going up to the Meridien in three weeks - I'd love to know if Rim Lay will still be open then. I agree about the weather - it's great if you live here and want a bit of relief, but not so good if you're on holiday!

Guildford
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on the beach

Rim Ley is open now and hopefully we will be going back before we leave next sunday. If we do we will ask for you.

uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on the beach

Thay told us thay were closing in 5 weeks that was on 5th april thay go home to sleep and sleep.

Coulsdon
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on the beach

We went to the Rim Lay restaurant this afternoon and the young girl working there said that she thought they would be closing for the season at the end of May , but as it was packed I would not be surprised if they stayed open longer.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on the beach

If there are customers and the ocean doesn't float the tables and chairs out to sea, the Rim Lay will stay open! :)

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants on the beach

I think/suspect that "high season" is stretching out a bit - starting earlier and ending later - these days.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak