We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

Cheltenham
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

My husband and I are travelling from London Heathrow to Bangkok and then onto Khao Lak. We don't seem to be able to get a straight answer from out travel agent but it shows that we need to transfer from one Bangkok airport to another to fly down to Phuket (and then transfer to Kaho Lak). Is this right as its seems bizarre to me.

Any help would be great

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

Not necessary. If you are flying Thai (or an airline with an interline agreement with them) you can make direct connection at Suvanabhumi (Bangkok's international airport) through to Phuket. If you are flying on another airline, you can still fly from that airport to Phuket but you may need to pass through customs and immigration and then check in for the domestic flight. Bangkok Airways, Thai Airways, Air Asia all fly from Suvanabhumi, BUT Thai Airways do have some non-connecting domestic flights leaving from Don Muang airport. Nok Air flights leave from Don Muang.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Don Muang Airport
Don Muang Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

For Thai flights, a 3 digit flight number means it's the new airport, a 4 digit flight number and it's Don Muang.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

Also a BKK prefix means it is Suvarnabhumi, the new airport, DMK means it is Don Mueang, the old airport.

How long are the transfer times between arriving in Bangkok and departing for Phuket?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cheltenham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

That was my concern as the connection time is about an hour.

I'm flying with Thai Airways so I'll check my codes - thanks to you all for you advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

Here's a good site for checking the airport information particularly when monitoring if flights are late or not!

flightstats.com/go/Airport/airportDetails.do…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

Great, very useful link. Thanks.

7. Re: Bangkok Transfer to Khao Lak via Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 14:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak