We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange

Adelaide
Level Contributor
18 posts
Money Exchange

Hello,

I'm off to Khao Lak at the end of May, and just want to confirm that there are money exchange booths, as well as ATM's, around the place?

I'm staying at the Ramada, and won't check in until late at night, so trying to work out the money situation.

Thanks for your help!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Money Exchange

Hi Gracie,

There are money exchanges in Bang Niang where the Ramada is situated both on the highway facing the 711 supermarket and down the road to the beach/Ramada.

See the map at: star.walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_1.jpg

The nearest one to the Ramada is at the bottom of the map near Pinocchio's. The road opposite Soi Thai Mai leads down to the Ramada.

See

star.walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_2.jpg

for the bottom half of the map.

The nearest ATM is next to the 711.

The exchanges don't stay open late so I would suggest you change some cash when you depart Bankgok Airport or if you are arriving there and flying straight through to Phuket there are exchange booths near the luggage carousel as well as in the arrivals concourse.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Money Exchange

I understand the Exchange booths at Suvarnabhumi Airport are open 24 hours a day.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Money Exchange

Hi, I agree with other posts, do exchange a small amount at the airport if you need currency for transfers etc. Then we found the Siam Bank money exchanges throughout the area to be very reasonable for their exchange rates. Do ask for exact currency however, as we found that notes were provided but at times the tellers 'overlooked' giving us the coins as well! Have a great trip. I envy you as it's a lovely location.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
18 posts
4. Re: Money Exchange

Thanks for your detailed postings, much appreciated... Only 23 sleeps :)

5. Re: Money Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak