We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Hello everyone! :)

Any info about how long it will take from La On Village to the Pakweeb Beach (more precies;White Sand Beach)? And is the road good (not very up-down-up-down)?

And how much a taxi would be for that trip?

Are the taxis in Khao Lak tuktuks or are they "real" cars with A/C? :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

From La On TOWN (much bigger than a village now) to White Sand Beach is about 15 minutes at most by taxi and is very straightforward - up the highway and turn left at the sign for the Sarojin. Follow the signs for the Sarojin and just before it branch right for White Sand Beach. The road is very good all the way.

Taxis are not tuk tuks or "real" cars, they are Saeng Thaws (sometimes called chicken buses), a truck with cab up front for driver and 1 or 2 passengers and benches at the back which take about 8 more with a cover over. A/C is provided by the wind as you drive along.:)

You can catch one anywhere in La On and negotiate a return fare, depending on how many are travelling, about 300 baht for 2 each way I would think. They leave you for so many hours then pick you up again.

Whilst there are 3 decent restaurants/bars on White Sand Beach, if you turn left and walk up past the Sarojin along Pak Weeb Beach to what was the Tsunami Volunteer Boatyard project, you will find that it is now the Boatyard restaurant, with free loungers, deck chairs and umbrellas on the beach. There are only a few so you need to get there not long after 10am to make sure you get one. It's worth it as this is they serve excellent food, some of the best we have eaten anywhere in Khao Lak and very cheap. You are also undercover in the former Boatyard building which is a cool refuge from the mid-day heat.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Sorry, whilst this is a route, the one taken by taxis is to go further North along the highway to the turning on the left for the Similina, then follow signs for White Sand (Aow/Eow Thong) Beach. Same, same not much difference.

Have a look at the aforementioned Boatyard Restaurant at:

khaolaklovers.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Very nice pictures! Thank you so much for sharing :)

And thank you for all the info.

My partner does have a driver license...

But I think we won't rent scooter (we once had small accident with scooter and I am very affraid of them now). So taxi it is.

I was hoping if in Khao Lak would be "real" car taxis :)

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

One more thing, do you have more pictures from the White Sand Beach? Or maybe from the beach that is called Nang Thong Beach (the one very near to La On Village)? Or maybe from the Best Western Plam Galleria/Apsaras beach area?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Hi,

You do see "real" taxis on the street in La On but everyone uses the Saeng Thaws.

Here are some various beach scenes from a couple of weeks ago. White Sand Beach is number 195:

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/7597026

It is also included in this album of the adjacent Sarojin:

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3635293

Nang Thong Beach is shown at:

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/7624258

I don't have any uploaded of Pakarang Beach near the BW Palm Galeria/Aspara but number 190 of the first album is Cape Pakarang which is just up the coast.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Thank you so much for the pictures, they are really nice :)

Now I can see the difference between NangThong Beach and White Sand beach... And the Cape Pakarang looks also very very amazing!

Can I ask, what beaches are 183 + 129 (I think 128 is same beach as 129?) + 202?

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/7597026

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Yes, 128 and 129 are both of Khao Lak Sunset Beach looking down from the Viewpoint on the highway (the restaurant of the Baan Krating hotel on the highway). 183 is Pak weeb taken from the Boatyard so is just north of White Sand Beach.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Thank you for the info :)

Khao Lak Sunset Beach looks just amazing!

But where is the 202 picture taken?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

Picture 202 is taken from the lovely Bang Sak Promenade in front of the Haadson Resort looking over the North end of equally lovely Bang Sak Beach.

Some good restaurants on one side of the road, you eat on the other overlooking the sea/beach. There is a further promenade a few hundred metres South with similar dining arrangements from a great seafood restaurant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
10. Re: From La On Village -> Pakweeb?

The Bangsak Gardens restaurant is highly recommended.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak