We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apsaras beach resort

KhaoLak
1 post
Save Topic
Apsaras beach resort

Hi Friends,

i am thinking of staying at Apsaras Beach Resort & Spa for 2 weeks from May 5th this year.

Can anyone be so kind to comment on the Apsaras resort?

I´d appreciate any info,

Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apsaras beach resort

Asparas is on a redeveloping stretch of beach near Cape Pakarang together with a couple of other hotels. It is open but not fully complete, so probably you should get great rates. That's what is advertised nearby anyway. It will be a superb resort when fully finished. There are three or four beach restaurants/bars open nearby which shoud still be open in May.

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apsaras beach resort

Hi Sigurd78,

It depends on what you are looking for/expecting in a hotel.

I stayed there over Christmas / New Year and was not at all impressed. It is definately a case of you get what you pay for.

Service was very shoddy and haphazard and the resort was not entirely finished when we were there. This may have changed by now, but I wouldn't count on it.

The pool on the beachfront is the size of a bathtub and it hotel itself is not on a very pretty stretch of beach. The hotel is also built next to a gully where the water runs to the back of the hotel and the resulting smell of sewage is ever present and overwhelming......and that's outdoors

I had to change rooms three times due to the horrific sewage smell comiming up the drains in the bathroom. I eventually had to put disinfectant down the drain several times a day to mask the smell.

The food is very average and very limited, particularly breakfast and the lunch menu.

Location wise it is a long way out of town and takes about 15-20mins to get to Khao Lak. It is well off the main road that goes into Khao lak (probably 10mins after the turn off)

I have stayed at Le Meridien several times and highly recommend it. However, it is a lot more expensive than Apsaras. Depending on your price range I would look at Ramada, La Flora or Le Meridien.

Stay away from Apsaras.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Raamsdonksveer...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apsaras beach resort

Hello, my name is Jorry and my husband and I live in the Netherlands.

I want to know if you did stay in the Apsaras resort in Khao Lak, please let me know how it was. We have stayed in Le Meridien and that was great. Could not be better. Hope you can help me, thanks. Jorry

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apsaras beach resort

Hi Jorry,

If you have stayed at Le Meridien before, as I have, and you like it, I would highly recommend staying there again. Apsaras is NOT up to the same standard and that includes everything from the standard of the rooms, the pool, the food and particularly the beach.

I highly recommend you either return to Le Meridien or look at other hotels in the area. Apsaras is 3.5 - 4 star hotel and does not compare to Le Meridien which is far superior in every way.

I will download some photos of Apsaras over the weekend so you can see what I mean.

I hope I have been of some help.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Mentioned in this post
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
5. Re: Apsaras beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak