We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Injections

Liverpool
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Injections

I carnt seem to find a list of injections that are required if any are needed for thailand.

Anyone who has been to Khaa Lak, What injections if any did you have?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Injections

Have a look at-

www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx…

Which lists-

diphtheria, tetanus, poliomyelitis, and hepatitis A. You may also be advised to have immunisations for typhoid, tuberculosis, rabies, hepatitis B, and Japanese B encephalitis.

Personally, I have had the first 4 plus typhoid and tb. I have also seen Yellow Fever listed if entering from an infected area. I didn't take any malaria medication, just took the strongest DEET spray I could get.

You will need to check with your GP as some vaccinations last for specific times and some need renewing.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,404 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Injections

Same as Russetsprint. Shouldn't need anti-malarials unless you are going "up country" into the hills but check with your GP.

I have found MASTA invaluable on our travels (see http://www.masta-travel-health.com/ ) and for a small sum you can get a report on current vaccination needs (and Foreign Office advice re travelling to certain countries) tailored to your destination.

We find Autan lotion very effective against mossies etc as strong DEET based products can have side effects. There are some very effective local sprays readily available here too.

3. Re: Injections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak