We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach reading material

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Beach reading material

One of the new additions to Khao Lak this year, is an excellent book store that has a good delection of new English titles (fiction) and plenty non - fiction. It also has a large used section and if you purchase and return after reading or bring one of your own you get 20% discount off the next purchase. This is very useful indeed for me as I am an avid beach fiction reader and am just finishing the eigth I brought with me, so I will be paying a visit shortly to refresh. Used are 220 baht and new 350 baht. The Nang Thong Supermarket also new titles in at 350 baht but not as big a choice.

The store is located at the entrance to the small new shopping precinct which has the Khao Lak Youth Club at its rear. Not a Youth Club but in fact a cluster of budget units of accommodation, mostly used by Scandinavian and Swiss families and youngsters.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach reading material

Thanks for the info Alan my suitcase is usually full of books as i can read a book a day if its a good one. Will check this place out when i go.

Julie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach reading material

Hi Alan

I'm the avid reader, in the family, but since computers have taken over, my bookshelf has cobwebs and my book now is called facebook!

Sounds like a brilliant idea to forget about cyberspace, and Steve has banned me from taking our laptop! So books it will be between cocktails and snorkelling!

Any other bright ideas Al? Keep em coming.

Jx

London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach reading material

Alan,

Is that The Book Tree?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach reading material

Yes, It is the Book Tree.

Southern California
Level Contributor
530 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach reading material

I am an avid nonfiction reader & I wish I read your post a week ago! I've just been to 2 used bookstores & I cannot believe how much $$$ one of them was charging for OLD, USED BOOKS!

I left & went to another, which was not as overpriced, but I am so worried about heavy luggage... as we are bringing so much stuff for the poor children outside of Siem Reap, that this info is wonderful.

Thanks! Hope you are enjoying your holiday. We depart tomorrow night for Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach reading material

Khuk Khak Beach is looking beautiful for your arrival.

Mentioned in this post
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
7. Re: Beach reading material

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak