We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Arandora

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Arandora

HI Alan,

If you are going to the other beach restaurants further down the beach by the Sarojin i have heard you have to cut through the similana resort if the tide is in to get back to the le meridien. Do you have to go up and onto the main road or is there a way over the rocks and back on to the beach.

Thanks

Julie

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Arandora

Hi Julie

Sure Alan won't mind me answering.

Coming from Le Meridian there are some steps just before the rocks that go up into the Similana you carry on up past the rooms till you get to a sign for the restaurant turn right past the restaurant and you are then going down more steps towards their Beach Bar. You are probably in need of a drink at the bar by the time you get down to sea level!

Will take about 5 minutes but better than getting wet.

The owner of Au Tong (The middle restaurant) sent a car to collect us from Le Meridian and back. I dream about his fish in lemon grass sauce it's fantastic!

Pete

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Arandora

Thanks Pete,

Though not staying at Le Meridien this time I look forward to sampling the fish in lemongrass and walking back to Le Meridien over the rocks or over the Similana, if tide in, (and in daylight) to visit our friends at the Rim Lay where of course we will have to have some of their prwans in coconut batter and chili sauce or perhaps coconut curry - hmmmm just 8 days to go!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Arandora

Thanks pete and alan,

I shall tell my hubby to try those dishes.

Julie

4. Re: Question for Arandora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 02:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak