We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellers

leicester
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
jewellers

Hi,

We are off to Khao lak in 37 days(and counting)as part of our honeymoon and was looking to have a wedding ring made while we are there. Does anyone know of a jewellers or are we better off finding this in Bangkok?

Any advice would be really helpful

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: jewellers

There are few jewelers in KL and not sure any make jewelry, particularly wedding rings. You will have a better chance in Bangkok but if you do a search on the Bangkok Forum for Jewlry Scams you will find a great many cautionary posts.

If you post the same question as this though you may get some favourable/positive replies. Also I would be concerned about having a ring made if I was only there a few days.

In Bangkok there is a huge number of jewelers with a bewildering display of items at all manner of prices.

For such an important item as a wedding ring, I'd have it made or bought at home.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: jewellers

I shop at the following. Absolutely reputable, and has the finest jewelry you will find. They specialize in gem stones. Shop for pure gold jewelry elsewhere. This place has 4 branches and claims to be the world's largest jewelry store. Awesome shopping experience. I always went to the one in Chiangmai.

Bangkok :

The Gems Gallery International of Bangkok Co.,Ltd. Rama 6 Bangkok, Thailand 10400

Chiangmai :

The Gems Gallery Chiangmai Co.,Ltd.

Chiangmai Sankampaeng Rd., Sankampaeng, Chiangmai Thailand 50130

Phuket :

The Gems Gallery Phuket Co.,Ltd.

Chalermprakiat Rama 9 Rd., Muang, Phuket, Thailand 83000

Pattaya :

The Gems Gallery Pattaya Co.,Ltd.

North Pattaya Rd., Banglamung, Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand 20150

Dial From International

Tel : ++662-877-9780

Mobile : ++6681-653-3650

From Thailand

Tel : 02-877-9780

Mobile : 081-653-3650 (24 hour)

Email : gems@ittradefair.com

They will size it as you wait. Also they have bar/club area to sit and relax while you wait, with free drinks. Fantastic selection. And yes, they have wedding rings.

Craig

3. Re: jewellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 05:46