We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

KL
4 posts
Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

Hi

We are first timers to this area and to Thailand !

Any one stayed at the Hot Springs Resort?I have read that it is quite remote with not a lot nearby, suits us as we are travelling with a 6 month old baby, but we would like some other company. Does anyone know of places nearby, how far to Khao Lak town, would it be better to hire a car, if so do you recommend any particluar hire company.

We would love to do a boat trip to some of the island PhiPhi perhaps, can anyone recommend a company to use and would young babies be allowed on board?

Sorry for all the questions but we want to be as prepared as possibe, with a baby in toe we need to be more organised these days

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you

Marcella

London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
1. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

Hi,

The Hot Springs Resort is located about half way between Phuket and Khao Lak.

I have yet to visit this specific area, but you will find more information here-

khaolaklovers.com/South-of-Khao-Lak-Resorts.…

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
2. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

The Hotsprings Resort is a bit unique in the area. It is built around mineral springs and the very large pools are very where and filled with the mineral water.

The resort itself is a bit out of the way - but in a lovely area. I would recommend renting a car, just so you can get out and explore a bit - up to Thai Muang and Khao Lak area - and at least the northern part of Phuket.

You are not more than about 15-18 minutes from the bridge that goes over to Phuket - and most Phi Phi tours (if not all) will leave from the Chalong Pier on (southeastern) Phuket - so you will need that rental car - or to arrange for transfer.

There is a ferry over to Phi Phi - details are at:

http://phuketdelight.com/Things_to_do.htm

Or, of course, you can rent your own boat.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
202 helpful votes
3. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

HELLO

Most of the trips to Phi Phi are by fast speedboat i dont think i would want to take a small baby in a bumpy speedboat if the sea is rough the crossing can be very bumpy indeed.

Julie

4. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 07:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak