We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

KL
4 posts
Save Topic
Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

Hi

We are first timers to this area and to Thailand !

Any one stayed at the Hot Springs Resort?I have read that it is quite remote with not a lot nearby, suits us as we are travelling with a 6 month old baby, but we would like some other company. Does anyone know of places nearby, how far to Khao Lak town, would it be better to hire a car, if so do you recommend any particluar hire company.

We would love to do a boat trip to some of the island PhiPhi perhaps, can anyone recommend a company to use and would young babies be allowed on board?

Sorry for all the questions but we want to be as prepared as possibe, with a baby in toe we need to be more organised these days

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you

Marcella

London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

Hi,

The Hot Springs Resort is located about half way between Phuket and Khao Lak.

I have yet to visit this specific area, but you will find more information here-

khaolaklovers.com/South-of-Khao-Lak-Resorts.…

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

The Hotsprings Resort is a bit unique in the area. It is built around mineral springs and the very large pools are very where and filled with the mineral water.

The resort itself is a bit out of the way - but in a lovely area. I would recommend renting a car, just so you can get out and explore a bit - up to Thai Muang and Khao Lak area - and at least the northern part of Phuket.

You are not more than about 15-18 minutes from the bridge that goes over to Phuket - and most Phi Phi tours (if not all) will leave from the Chalong Pier on (southeastern) Phuket - so you will need that rental car - or to arrange for transfer.

There is a ferry over to Phi Phi - details are at:

http://phuketdelight.com/Things_to_do.htm

Or, of course, you can rent your own boat.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

HELLO

Most of the trips to Phi Phi are by fast speedboat i dont think i would want to take a small baby in a bumpy speedboat if the sea is rough the crossing can be very bumpy indeed.

Julie

4. Re: Hot Spring Resort Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 07:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak