We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similana Review

San Francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Similana Review

Just read this on Sawadee. Anyone else been there recently and have a comment? Thanks.

"Extremely disappointing. Have been there previously and it was good. Now that it has been sold for takeover in April nothing is being repaired around the place. The swimming pool has cracked tiles that are dangerous, I nearly cut my foot on one. Also for the duration of our stay the tablecloths in the restaurant were not changed at all, so all the food stains from previous meals were there the whole time. The standard of cleaning in rooms was adequate. If they are going to ask full price, they should be offering the same service as before."

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Similana Review

Sad to hear of the decline. It has never been a four star resort for sure - but it is an old favorite of mine.

Would love to hear comments from others who have stayed there recently.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Similana Review

That is sad to hear. We stayed there in June (thanks to Teds recommendation) and absolutely loved the place, we were thinking of going back there in June this year.

Cathy

San Francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Similana Review

Well, damn the torpedoes. I'm going to stay there in late February, so will definitely give you my review afterwards!

4. Re: Similana Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak