We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

See the following link for details of the 3rd TSUNAMI COMMEMORATION - 26 December 2007 in Khao Lak

khaolak.net/khaolak/tsunami-commemoration.ht…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

Hello Alan,

I was so tearful when reading the link. How beautiful for us to remember the on'es who suffered so dearly.

""Over 5,000 lanterns (one for each victim) will be released into the sky, as a tribute to those who lost their lives""

I will pray on December 26th in rememberance of all.

Jill xx

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

Bump

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

Thanks for that link Alan. We're at the Meridien now and we'll be attending a Service that the hotel will be doing this morning. A difficult day for

many people living and holidaying in Khao Lak.

On a positive note, Khao Lak has really regenerated since we were here last year, so many more shops and hotels have opened up, it's so great to see this after such devastation and loss.

Hope to do a JBR on my return home. We're leaving tomorrow for a couple of days in Bangkok, then flying home Sunday night.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

Thanks Alan, I've been thinking of this anniversary at work today. Would still be a sad & difficult time for many people.

Lee

5. Re: 3rd Tsuna Commemoration - 26 December 2007 - Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 06:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations