We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good artist that can paint from a photograph.

It's a picture of my husband racing on his sports bike. I would like it recreated onto canvas.

If you could recommend anyone, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

xx

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
1. Re: Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

Anyone?

Sarah

xx

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

If you could make it a belated Xmas present, and you were going to Bangkok, there are artists in the mall on Silom Road who do precisely what you want - or there were. We took a photom of our daughter, selected a frame, left it then went to Koh Samui and collected a framed charcoal portrait on the way back. It was, and still is, beautiful - like our daughter! But that was in 1996.

Alan

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
3. Re: Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

Hi Sarah, I do hope you find somewhere before Xmas,however if you don't have any luck we had a painting done last October for our daughter (sunset at Kata beach).

We took the photo to P K originals at Kata centre. The artist is opposite the Sawadee Village resort.

The picture measured 1.2x900 & was done in acrylic oils on canvas at a cost of 8000baht.

It took the artist 6 days to paint it & it is proudly hanging in our daughters bedroom. And as a matter of fact we will be revisiting this artist in January to have another work done for us.

We picked up the painting when we were leaving Phuket & he had it aired , rolled & wrapped ready for its trip home on the airline with us.

Every couple of days we were invited back by the artists wife to view the progress of the painting... Great family . CJ

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
4. Re: Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

Hi Alan & CJ,

Only in BKK for one night at the beginning and one at the end. Was hoping I could get one done in Chiang Mai or Khao Lak as we arrive into Phuket on the 24th December.

The artist in Kata sounds fab, if I can't get one sorted in Chiang Mai, may well visit that one and give it to him as a Birthday prezzie.

Thanks guys for the advice.

Sarah

xx

5. Re: Artists - Urgent Help - Xmas Prezzie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations