We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights

dunkeld, victoria
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights

My husband, daughter and myself have 2 nights free after being in Kata in June and are thinking about spending that time in Khao Lak. Does anyone have any ideas on where to spend our time, doesn't have to be anywhere flash. Any ideas on transport?

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights

cro2

3 places come to mind

Ramada Khao Lak

Flores Khoa Lak

Merlin Resort Khao Lak

From kata to khao lak hire a minivan. takes about an hour. cost 600-900B

bkk3

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights

Lots of great places to stay in Khao Lak and you'll find it quite a treat after Phuket - though Kata is probably one of the better areas of Phuket (I am a Kata fan myself).

One thing that Khao Lak has a LOT of that is not so common on Phuket anymore is beachside bungalows. So, I would recommend a bungalow resort of some sort. The nicer bungalows these days are called "Villas".

You might take a look Ayara Villas, Nong Thong Bay Resort, Baan Khao Lak, Similana - those would give you a good representation of the bungalow scene. LOTS of ofthers too though.

Try www.KhaoLakLovers.com to acquaint yourself with the area.

dunkeld, victoria
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights

Thanks for your help, will do some more research and hopefully get to see another part of thailand!

4. Re: 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations