We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ang Thong Bay Beach?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
Ang Thong Bay Beach?

Hi!

We are thinking to stay in Khao Lak in July.

And choosing some hotel on the Ang Thong Bay area (so we are near the La On Village's restaurants + "shopping").

Any comments about the beach?

Is it clean? Many wild dogs on that beach?

Is the water turqoise/lovely blue?

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
1. Re: Ang Thong Bay Beach?

If you mean Nang Thong Beach - it is probably one of the nicer beaches in the area. I like it - it is great for beach combing in the mornings. Clear sandy areas, but also a few rocky areas to keep things interesting - and a nice snorkeling area about 50 meters offshore.

Don't worry about the beach dogs, they are friendly and are just looking for company. Sometimes they will walk along with you for even a kilometer or two.

In July the weather is, sometimes, rough - and the water will have more sand in it and not be perfectly clear.

Hope that helps!

More on Khao Lak at www.KhaoLakLovers.com

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
2. Re: Ang Thong Bay Beach?

Ah, Nang Thong, not Ang Nong... I don't know where I got that Ang Thong :)

Thank you for helping :)

The beach sounds nice, really nice :)

And the dogs sounds cool too.

I love animals, but I quite allergic to them :(

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
3. Re: Ang Thong Bay Beach?

The dogs aren't really bothersome, they just tend to walk along with you if you are the only people on the beach.

If you don't react to them at all, they tend to wander away and attend to something else.

4. Re: Ang Thong Bay Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak