We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

Any ideas, are the places open durin low season/July?

Shops...restaurants...tailor shops...? or will they be closed during the low season?

And any ideas, how the hotels' facilities are in summer (swimmingpools, spas...)? Are they open and in use...?

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Cambridge,UK
Level Contributor
320 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

Generally hotel facilities remain open.When you've narrowed your choice of properties to stay at you could e-mail them asking if they limited facilities this year.Most shops/restaurants in Khao Lak town will be open-perhaps with slightly shorter hours.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Helsinki
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

Thank you JonTh for the tip ;)

I will do that!

About the restaurants/shops...

Some people tell me that most of the "better" restaurants are closed during summer. And shops also. That Khao lak is almost dead during low seasons...? I am bit worried about this...

I am not looking for busy night life or hectic shopping sprees...

But it would be nice to be able to eat also in nice restaurants (an not only in hotels' restaurants) and do some little shopping :)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

We have just returned from Khao Lak. I think October can be classed as the low season. Khao Lak is definately not dead at this time! Most of the good restaurants and shops were open. The main tailors (Montys and The Andaman Tailors) were also open. The banks do operate shorter hours and close at around 4:30pm, but there are plenty of ATM machines. Tourist numbers are lower than the high season of course, but this gives a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. There are, of course, good deals on hotel rooms at this time.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Andaman Seafood Restaurant
Andaman Seafood...
388 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
4. Re: July in Khao Lak (not about the weather)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 08:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak