We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Hi,

I am planning on stayin at Apsaras Resort and Spa over Xmas / New Year period this year. I was wondering if anyone is planning on staying there in the next month or so.

If so, I would love to hear about what you thought of the resort, it's location and facilites.

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Hi,

I am also wondering if anyone has info on Apsaras resort. Is it far from town/restaurants/bars? I don't want to be resort bound!

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

The Asparas is one of the new resorts being built to replace those destroyed by the 2004 Tsunami and which illustrates the returning confidence in this wonderful part of Thailand following those terrible events.

It is located on the Pakarang Cape, a rather isolated area of the Khao Lak coastline. The beach there is very rugged but unspoiled and mostly empty. Just a couple of beach restaurants there. Just roumd the tip of the Cape is the fabulous Pak Weeb Beach, generally regarded as the best in Khao Lak. If you walk down there (about 20-30 mins) until you reach the Sarojin Resort, there are 3 very good beach restaurants openall day and late evening (the Ao or Aow Nang Restaurant - the one in middle - will take you back to your hotel after dark.

Otherwise, for restaurants, bars and shops its a 20 minute taxi drive from your hotel to La On Village or Bang La On, commonly referred to as Khao Lak or Khao Lak Town.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Thanks for the info Arandora - this helps me make a decision!

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Thanks for the information Arandora, it is a bit hard to make a decision on a hotel when it has only just opened. I have stayed at Le Meridien Khao Lak a number of times. Can you give me an idea where Apsaras is in relation to Le Meridien?

I was happy with Le Meridien's location and the beachfront, so hopefully Apsaras will be much the same.

Also, have you been to the site recently? If so, does it look completed or near to completion?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

I'm a Le Meridien fan too, having been there for the last two years. If you go from Le meridien around the corner ans past the Similana you can see the end of Cape Pakarang in the distance at the end of the coastline past the 3 Aow Nang beach restaurants and the Sarojin. If the beach at Le Meridien means so much to you, I belireve you will be disappointed with that just beyond the Cape on which the Asparas stands. It is not as sandy and strewn with rocks, many more of which are visible when the tide goes out. We visited the site last March/April when the outside of the resort was substantially complete. Personally I think this is a site for the future when this and other resorts and their infrastructure are complete. Now? I'm not so sure. If it is a particularly good opening offer it might be worth it.

Just trying to be realisticnot negative.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
6. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

I am planning to stay at the apsaras mid year 2009...I am wondering if you actually stayed there and can you give some positive or negative about this resort...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Hi,

I've not actually stayed at the Asparas but we had a look around the area but didn't enter the resort. From the outside it now looks to be complete compared to this time last year when it opened before it was and had to close again. The neighbouring South Sea Grand Resort seems to have just the finishing touches but not impinging on the Asparas.

There are now plenty of massage places and bars on the beach in front and now some more permanaent restaurants serving the 4 resorts here which means you are not always relying on the resort restaurant or taxi into Khao Lak.

There is some kind of big structure being made at the entrance to this stretch of beach. It may be a beach restaurant to the Toklaburi resort.

It's looking a nicer more developed area now.

I'll post some photos when I can get a reliable strong enough internet connection.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Hi Arandora, I have been reading your comments with interest.

Is there any chance that you could post on your photos of the Apsaras resort and area, or a link to them somewhere.

Regards

Glasssol

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

Hi Glassol,

Have a look at the Pakarang Beach album at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k25…

The first few photos are shots from the beach of the Asparas. Sorry I do't have any internal photos yet.

10. Re: Apsaras Resort & Spa - has anyone booked to stay there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 00:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak